ADVERTISEMENT EFFECTIVITY: VISIBILITY, CREDIBILITY, ATTRACTION AND POWER ON PURCHASING DECISION AND ITS IMPACT ON CUSTOMER SATISFACTION

Astri Wulandari, Bethani Suryawardani

Abstract


Promotion is a one-way flow of information or persuasion created to direct a person or organization to actions that create exchanges in marketing. From four types of promotions, the most effective way to promote is through advertising. An effective advertisement is an advertisement that enables to communicate (has attraction to read, the attraction of attitude, easy to be remembered, be seen, be noticed, read the most) and to effect on selling to what has been advertised. This study was aimed to find out the influences of Visibility, Credibility, Attraction and Power on Purchasing Decision and its impact on Customer Satisfaction. The method of study implemented was quantitative explanatory research with data analysis technique of Structural Equation Modelling using SMART PLS software. The result of study showed that the contribution of Visibility (X1), Credibility (X2), Attraction (X3), and Power (X4) simultaneously influenced that directly influenced on Purchasing Decision (Y), that obtained 42.2%. The rest of 57.8% was influenced by other factors that are not included in this study. Meanwhile, the contribution of Visibility, Credibility, Attraction, Power and Purchasing Decision simultaneously influenced that directly influenced on Customer Satisfaction that obtained 73.27%. The rest of 26.73% was influenced by other factors that cannot be explained in this study. For further study, the next researcher can add more other variables to find out whether the influences of visibility, credibility, attraction, and power to purchasing decision and its impact is an effective way to as one of ways for company promotion.

Keywords


Advertisement; Purchasing Decision; Customer Satisfaction

Full Text:

PDF

References


Abdiannur, A., & Sukimin, S. (2019). Celebrity Endorser (Bintang Iklan) sebagai Komunikasi Pemasaran terhadap Keputusan Membeli Oli Fastron di Kota Balikpapan. Jurnal GeoEkonomi, 10(1), 15-28.

Agyeiwaah, E., Adongo, R., Dimache, A., & Wondirad, A. (2016). Make a customer, not a sale: Tourist satisfaction in Hong Kong. Tourism Management, 57, 68-79.

Dewa, C. B. (2018). Pengaruh Celebrity Endorser Terhadap Keputusan Pembelian Wisatawan Yogyakarta Pada Produk Oleh-Oleh Jogja Scrummy. Jurnal Manajemen, 8 (1), 1-9.

Djafarova, E., & Rushworth, C. (2017). Exploring the credibility of online celebrities’ Instagram profiles in influencing the purchase decisions of young female users. Computers in Human Behavior, 68, 1-7.

Hargiyanto, F. (2017). Pengaruh Visibility, Credibility, Attractiveness dan Power Celebrity Endorser terhadap Keputusan Pembelian (Studi pada Iklan Indomie Goreng Versi Al Ghazali sebagai Celebrity Endorser). Doctoral Dissertation, Manajemen-FE.

Kim, W. G., & Park, S. A. (2017). Social media review rating versus traditional customer satisfaction: which one has more incremental predictive power in explaining hotel performance. International Journal of Contemporary Hospitality Management, 29(2), 784-802.

Nobar, H. B. K., & Rostamzadeh, R. (2018). The impact of customer satisfaction, customer experience and customer loyalty on brand power: empirical evidence from hotel industry. Journal of Business Economics and Management, 19(2), 417-430.

Rizal, F., Adam, M., & Ibrahim, M. (2017). Effect Of Price, Design And Location On Decision Of Purchase And Its Implication On Customer Satisfaction. International Journal of Economics, Commerce and Management, 5(12), 345-353.

Santoso, S. (2014). Konsep Dasar dan Aplikasi SEM dengan Amos 22. Jakarta: Elex Media Komputindo.

Song, G., Zhan, Y., & Guo, Y. (2016). The effectiveness of online shopping characteristics and logistics service on satisfaction. In 2016 13th International Conference on Service Systems and Service Management (ICSSSM) (pp. 1-6). IEEE.

Sugiyono. (2017). Memahami Penelitian Kuantitatif. Bandung: Alfabeta

Zikmund, G., Babin, J., Carr, J., & Griffin, M. (2013). Business Research Methods. USA: South western Cengage learning.




DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.21776/ub.jam.2019.017.04.16

Refbacks

  • There are currently no refbacks.